Godspeed to Her

In a situation like this, I have to keep telling myself that I braced for the inevitable. I have to tell myself that, although artificially prepared, there were two ways that things could have unfolded. One of these paths was a fantasy, complete with scenarios manifested by idealistic dreams of interaction between another human being and myself, so harmonious that the melding of two individuals would have been a thing of organic beauty, and a treasure admired by others around us. A path of giggles and laughs, feelings of love and lust, and the actual practice of much pondered best case scenarios that have been adopted and shaped by the forces of past experiences of life. A warm bed on a cold morning that is so picturesque and comfortable, leaving it would be an atrocity to ones desires. The benchmark of perfection produced by an idealistic situation.

Of course, there is always an equally opposing path. One that is filled with selfish reflection of wrongdoing. One that is filled with the frustration of hypothetically allowing myself, once again, to sit too close to the fire while I was in a tired eye, euphoric state, that posed the very real possibility of being briskly swept away into a much needed deeply sweet sleep, leading to the accidental burns of a careless man. One that demands a play by play recap of events, in an effort to recognize these signs in case the situation ever presents itself again. After all, the definition of insanity is to repeatedly attempt the same behavior while expecting a different result.

I regret nothing, as this is how I choose to live life. I put myself into positions that will allow me to feel the relief of mist on overheated, irritated skin. Once again, without the bitter...

I cant help but wonder though. When will it be my time for some sweet?

You shall be missed as the burns heal, but your smile will replay in my mind always, and your beauty, both inner and exterior, will never be forgotten.

Godspeed to Her

No comments:

Post a Comment