@7200 ft I made a turn...and this came to be

So today at 7200 ft MSL, at 60kts, Heading 150, Negative Track on the VSI, while being directed to ILS 29R Via Denver Approach, I was blatantly pummeled in the gut by what was to me the most epiphanific moment of my life. My dream to fly has always been present in my life. As a seven year old in my grandfathers 172 barely able to reach the peddles, I knew that this semi familiar environment was where I needed to be. My realization was that I've always wanted to associate myself to the world of aviation some how, not for social participation, not for status, but only because it is a realm in which, I undoubtedly believe I belong. Everything else melted away in my moment today. No worries, no concerns. Just a full sense of belonging. That moment, where training, skill, preparation and comprehension merged to become "the correct action", manifested by an almost instinctual movement, and not a process to fallow; was by far the most satisfying feeling of my life. Thank you to all of those who have stuck with me while I disappear for months at a time. Thanks to all of those who have offered love and support. Thanks to all who have been rude, mean spirited, and acted with intent to harm. You have all allowed me to become the individual that I am, and I am forever grateful. Now, that said. Who wants to get up in Le beau ciel bleu?

No comments:

Post a Comment