Dismissed and forgotten

I shouldn't be surprised really. Its how this works. One day you wake up to the realization that what you had just isn't good for you anymore, and drastic action is to take place. I just remember how shook up, nauseated, hurt, and devastated she was the day she found out that she was no longer a focus of his, even after half a year had passed. She asked me to help her out by no more than becoming a presence she could sit next to for comfort while she sorted through her feelings. Foolishly, I stayed, and distracted from the situation while conversing with someone who I felt was in legitimate remorse for her actions, and devastated by the loss of a pillar of her former existence. I tried to be a good friend. I suggested that she feel the emotions, live with them, map out the feelings of sorrow, as without it happiness looses its sharp edge. I had hoped that she would've heard me, and put herself into a situation of treading lightly as to not effect my feelings in a selfish, malicious manner. Process what her actions might mean to somebody, as she was given the chance to experience them fist hand. Ive carried around this guilt for my participation in the closing of her book, and no matter how valiant my efforts to suppress them, It just boomerangs back to me. I guess this desolateness would be the manifestation of karma for playing the role that I have.

Now I, alone with my thoughts, have received news that I am no longer in her focus, which was the predicted outcome, and still its a stab and twist to my soul. To know that I was nothing more than a convenient solution to boredom. Used for comfort, and then wadded up and thrown away. Further to know that no time was taken to relish in my gifts before starting anew. Ive been pushed aside for a jerk. Dismissed and forgotten. Replaced. Returned to a place Ive been shelved to many times before. I'm having a hard time understanding why this one stings as much as is does. Until I do, I shall take my own advice, and wallow in the sorrow in the realization that I'll never take her to the airport again.

No comments:

Post a Comment